1． The purpose of making a decision is to establish and achieve organizational goals and objectives. P1
2． Managers must make a best guess at what the future will be and try to leave as little as possible to chance. P2
3． For managers, every decision has constraints based on policies, procedures, laws, precedents, and the like. P3
4． But the tendency to simplify blinds them to other alternatives. P4
5． Decision makers must have some way of determining which of several alternatives is best—that is, which contributes the most to the achievement of organizational goals. P6
6． Different individuals frequently have different ideas about how to attain the goals, the best choice may depend on who makes the decision. P6
7． People often assume that a decision is an isolated phenomenon. P9
8． The literary critics should be as objective as possible in analysis and judgment.
9． She is always ready to argue over the smallest issues.
10． I argued him out of going on such a dangerous journey.
11． Although he thought he was helping us with the job, he was only in the way.
12． The terms we would normally use to describe a scientific phenomenon are inadequate here. P1
13. Astronomers and scientists think that a black hole is a region of space into which matter has fallen and from which nothing can escape. P1
14. Some stars explode when their density increases to a particular point. P2
15. This process of shrinking may be so intense that a black hole results. P2
16. It is only recently that astronomers have begun specific research into black holes. P3
17. Very advanced technology could one day make use of the energy of black holes for mankind. P5
18. He has exerted all his strength to attain his goal.
19. He has been exerting a lot of pressure on me to change my mind.
20. The collapse of the government left the country in confusion.
21. The research group launched out into a series of new experiments.
22. Each time it is shown, the program starts a nationwide debate on the subject. P3
23. In addition to this, a second doctor must confirm that these criteria have been met. P4
24. In the vast majority of euthanasia cases, what the patient is actually asking for is something else. P7
25. Euthanasia doesn’t take into account that there are ways of caring for the dying.P8
26. Anything that legally allows the shortening of life does make those people more vulnerable. P8
27. Instructions will be sent immediately on request.
28. Many people opposed building a new highway because of the great cost.
29. She bore the whole burden of raising two children alone.
30. Students are heavily burdened with home assignments.
31. The committee demands that no member (should) be absent.